Sunday 31 December 2017

Task 3 Results

Mirdith and Myrthe were both away on holiday, so our admin and mini-comp host Jenna (kittywaytocute) stepped in as third judge. Holiday seasons are always a bit tricky as we all live in different timezones and have different schedules, but everything should be back on track for the next task.

Thanks to Noismini's previous task win, she added 0.5 to her score, landing her at a tie with LoveFotinh for first place! Both will receive +0.25 for the next task.

Last place goes to Reckless_thinG - we're sorry to see you go, but this was just not your best work. But don't fret - task 6 will include the comeback task!


Second to last is Eve11149 who chose the task All That Glitters!

Rankings:

Lovefotinh - 7.75  Noismini - 7.25 + 0.5 = 7.75
GingerZarah - 7.66
LouisaKaremina & Cold_hearted- 7.16
Me4evr & charmedavenger - 6.91
Eve11149 - 6.75
Reckless_thinG - 6.58

Eve11149 


Lucy - Oh, that bag placement is all wrong... ignoring that, I do like the pants and glasses, even the bag really, it just should have been in the other hand. I don't like the added "sorry" pin, since there's already a word-print on her top - it seems like she's apologizing for wearing Subcouture again!

Leigh - Got to agree with Lucy on this - the bag placement is odd, as is the "sorry". I don't dislike that she went mostly blue, but the white shoes threw me off a little. The floral details and the glasses are cute.
Jenna - It's too plain to me, where is the jacket and texture gone? The colours are OK.


Lovefotinh - 7.75

Lucy - Yaaaaaas. Not sure where your "minimal" is supposed to be, because it certainly isn't, but I'm loving all the textures here! I don't like that hat and whatever fluff is poking out behind it, but otherwise, the red is really popping out well here. Also, this is possibly the first outfit I've seen that made these shoes look good! However, next time you cover the hands, please remove whatever that little green thing is - not a huge issue, but it bugged me a bit in such an otherwise clean look.

Leigh - Love the textures and all the layering she's got going on. The red pieces still pop even though there's so much else happening, which is just what I was hoping we'd see. But the accessorizing, not so much. The gold hat is a major no from me, and I don't know if the bag works with such a different red. The shoes "work" I guess, but they're unnecessary.

Jenna - Not my personal style but that's ok, the fur coat I think is cool though like the other judges I'm not happy with that hat and the shoes.

GingerZarah - 7.66

Lucy - I'm glad you went for a cross-body here, because it puts the bag truly front and center. You've even done your nail polish red! I'm none too fond of those boots, but I think that's more a personal preference than how they look in the outfit.

Leigh - I like it, it's subtle! The little peek of lace under the jacket is a nice detail, as is the single earring. Part of me feels like she should be holding something, but then, she does have a crossbody bag so maybe that's just throwing me off since so few people use them.

Jenna - My favourite one! It's the kind of trendy looks I can see on Pinterest or Insta. Don't like the boots much but they're OK.


LouisaKaremina - 7.16

Lucy - I just adore the jacket and pants! You've got colour and texture, but the eye still gets draw to those all-important red pieces, which is perfect. The glasses I'm not a huge fan of, they're a little small and almost pink, but the shape works so I can see what you were trying to do with them. I'm trying hard not to let the top get to me, I know the gold is mostly hidden by hair but...agh. I think I would have preferred something plain and black to let the red pop more.

Leigh - Not my thing I think, but I can appreciate all the textures at least. Like Lucy I'm not that into the top but also the bag I don't love, it's too formal for the style of the rest.

Jenna - Like Leigh I think this is just not something I like but looking at it in parts the glasses are pink I think? I like the coat with the little red in it, that's nice.


charmedavenger - 6.91


Leigh - Not convinced that tartan goes with floral, but it's a nice risk to take. The necklace throws me off with this being really edgy otherwise. It's definitely a change in style, so good for you for taking a risk.

Lucy - Leigh covered it - not convinced the jacket goes with the bag, or the necklace with anything, but it's nice to see this from you. I do love the black matte bodysuit look, which makes  the red and leather stand out more.

Jenna - Oh. It's not awful I guess but there's nothing going on that's in fashion, unless you think the mixing prints and that's not looking too great to me. Maybe she should have used red boots and made it all edgy.


















me4evr - 6.91

Lucy - It's a start. But one of my biggest pet peeves is combining colours that don't quite match - like all the reds in this look. Making them the feature colour on makes it worse. I like that you tried matching edgy and formal styles, and it could have looked good, but the accessories are just wrong together.

Leigh - Ouch, different reds, not a good start. The top half is so formal with the ascot and jacket, and the lower is something of a rock-chic. I don't think it's a risk that paid off though, because this just looks both plain and has a mistaken identity.

Jenna - This is confusing. I like the tie and jacket and don't hate that it's with skinny jeans but the bag and shoes are very odd. Nice to have a red lip with it though.


Cold_Hearted - 7.16

Lucy - I like the choices in terms of red, and I'm definitely pleased you risked some colour with the denim pants, because it worked out very well. Unfortunately, it's not much different to your last look - same scarf, same hat, another loose blouse, more tall boots, and the red-white-blue. I'm hoping you'll take the next task to branch out some more.

Leigh - Oh, this looked so familiar, and then I noticed you used a lot of similar things from the last task. Having a style is fine, but you do need to change and evolve which I hope you do because I like what you've done in this outfit better than last week. I like the colours a lot, and the shapes you've chosen with the asymmetric top, ascot and bag. The jacket is a bit awkward though, you should have held both items in the same hand.

Jenna - I didn't judge last time but I checked and agree that it's not good to be using the same stuff, in your suite you have an excuse but the plaza has so much you could use. The concept is nice, I don't like an untucked shirt in a formal look though.

Noismini - 7.25

Leigh - Oooh, we have a contender here! My instant reaction is that the shoes should have been red and not...whatever it is those are. But otherwise I definitely love that this went big and bolg with the tribute pieces. Possibly an issue, that the red doesn't exactly "pop" - but red shoes would have helped that I suspect.

Lucy - Leigh said it, I think. I love the look, but the red just seems like an add-on, rather than a bold feature. And those shoes are an odd choice.


Jenna - The look is lovely with the gold print and I like the top layering a lot, but I don't think it meets the task too well because the skirt pops more than the red does. I like you used earrings with it but definitely not fluffy shoes, or whatever is happening with that.


Reckless_thinG - 6.58

Lucy - Please go read my tips - poses so rarely ever pay off, and this coat just should not be there. It clashes with the red and black and just looks like you couldn't be bothered styling something that matched. I like the choker and bodysuit but... not a lot else.

Jenna - Someone does not know how colours go together. We don't rate on makeup but the eye shadow is purple, then there's red, brown, gold, black... no no.  Poses almost never look like you put effort in.

Leigh - I think my job has been done. If you'd used a white blouse and a gold necklace, this could have looked okay, except that, well, the focus is supposed to be on the red items. 




No comments:

Post a Comment