Sunday 19 August 2018

C4 T5: Feedback

  1. AshleighDana - 9.25 + 0.5 = 9.75
  2. LostJetty - 9.20
  3. XmackennaX - 8.25
  4. ASB10 - 8.125
  5. Alma - 7.79
  6. Aniyah-xxxx - 7.38
  7. Green_lady_m - 7.33
  8. Bueno-koekje_xx - 7.29
AshleighDana is on a roll, taking out first place once again! Unfortunately, that means we still have someone to say goodbye to - and this time, it's Bueno-koekje_xx. Congratulations for making it this far, it was definitely a difficult round to judge and we look forward  to seeing more of you sometime soon!

AshleighDana - 9.25



LEIGH - I absolutely L O V E this look in greyscale!!! The peeking out lace is cheeky, the skirt hem addition looks really good and the details are well picked out. In monochrome the colours look really random but in a weird way they don't actually look all the bad at all, I just never would have put a yellow-blue skirt with well, any of those other colours, and the resulting grey look just takes the cake away compared to it. Awesome!
FONTI - There's something weird in this outfit that I like. It looks super cohesive in greyscale. I'm not that sure about the skirt hem but layer is appreciated. Also not that sure about the booties and the belt placement. When the lights turn to normal, I adore you, all eyes are on you!

LUCY - Like the other judges, I just adore this look! It's really quirky and unusual, with lots of layering and simple details added in. The colours are super obnoxious and in-your-face, but it looks so glam in grey which is amazing. The bag isn't super selling it for me, but it doesn't look bad.

ASB10 - 8.125


FONTI - I like the look at first sight. Judging I have to keep in mind that this cycle's team is evolving rapidly with complex looks and it somehow stays behind in this round. It is very cool with lights on to normal but there are not any huge surprises. 

LEIGH - When the coloured version loaded first I cringed so hard at it, but really, other than the pink bag the blue and orange don't look bad at all. For the monochrome version, I have a personal vendetta against those shoe-legging things but the fact these are SPARKLY on the grey version makes it so much worse, reminds me of hair legs for some reason. Other than that the bag is just... not fitting, the look is so formal otherwise and then you have a boombox? I don't get it. But the body of this is really nice, the prints and textures look a lot of fun without colour.

LUCY - I think I have to agree with my fellow judges on this one. The only real 'wow' here is the colours, blue and orange are unexpectedly bold and do actually look good - but they don't look any better off in monochrome, which was the goal of the task.
 

LostJetty - 9.20


LEIGH -  This is the kind of look I was really hoping for, for sure! The layered skirts look like they were meant to fit together when they're grey, but with colour it's 'oh, oh now... what is even going on here?" and I love that. The bulky handheld pieces cover too much though, I'm guessing your wanted to hide something but I don't know if you get away with it. 

FONTI - Under a grey scale or normal lights, I'm buying your outfit! Very sophisticated look and great mixing & matching. Many patterns, layers, colors. Great style indeed!

LUCY - I love that you went the 'totally custom' route. I think the skirt looks very uique and interesting in grey, and absolutely ridiculous in colour, which is awesome. What I don't like so much is the top half, it's just too bulky - especially with, as Leigh pointed out, the also-bulky handheld bits.

Alma - 7.79



LEIGH - I'm not really sure the furry... thing (?) you've got layered is really working out for you, and it's really the only unique thing about this. I don't not like it; I'm just not really impressed with it.

FONTI - Very austere look, I really like it in grey scale! I love the way you layered the 2 blazers. Other than that, there are not any surprises not even when the lights turn to normal. Maybe tights or belt or a more in-fashion bag would help.

LUCY - No surprises here, really. The colours aren't bold, clashing, or unexpected at all, which means the grey outfit doesn't look much better than the coloured one, other than maybe the layered jackets. The fact the blue and red match your earrings make it even less exciting.

Bueno-koekje_xx - 7.29


LEIGH -  The colours... almost go together. Which wouldn't be a major problem if they looked better in monochrome which is the goal of the task, but I feel like they don't. And again with the two lots of super baggy oversized combos, they're really unflattering. The top half has got a lot of potential, I like the paris style layers. 

FONTI - I love the lace intimate underneath this stunning blouse, the belt, the handbag. I would definitely go for socks with these shoes and I'm not sure that the scarf was a good choice. That pair of jeans is unflattering and even in grey scale its dark tone makes things worse.

LUCY - As someone who absolutely abhors colours that almost - but don't quite - match, I definitely think this looks better in monochrome. I really like the patterned top, and layered lace piece. But yet again, it's baggy item on baggy item, and it's not flattering regardless of colour scheme. The bag also seems to blend into your pants a bit!

XmackennaX - 8.25


LEIGH - The coloured one almost looks like two separate, bold looks got smashed together, one on the top and one on the bottom, which is an interesting result. I like the monochrome one a lot better which is the idea, the textures really shine and you loose the clashes, but I would have liked to see some layers somewhere. 

FONTI - Undefined look, a description would be so necessary! That is not a street style if you ask me, however I appreciate the way you tried to interpreted a look with such difficult items. I prefer it with the lights in normal mode cause in grey scale it looks cohesive but it doesn't make sense, as it is a crazy outfit.

LUCY - I see Cycle' 1's Queen Of Neon is back in action once again! Like Leigh, I feel like the coloured version looks like two separate, eye-watering looks - and the monochrome makes it one, distinct, over-the-top outfit. I definitely think it's street style, it reminds me of Rihanna or Kylie Jenner in a way! I do feel like it's lacking something, like a choker or sheer turtleneck perhaps.

Green_lady_m - 7.33


FONTI - I like that you stayed on a casual look and how you incorporate an over sized denim within, still it is a bit boring outfit. This is a random outfit to go out to the supermarket as your bag indicates, still the fishnet tights look awkward. The colors is a fun surprise, not an amazing one though.

LUCY - It's funny, because the colour palette looks rather a lot like AshleighDana's (I don't think that was intended though :) It definitely does look more cohesive in greyscale, and the porportions are great, but I wish there was more contrast - the skirt, jacket, and undershirt all ended up the same shade of grey, which looses a lot of the details and texture differences. It just ends up,  as Fonti said, boring.

LEIGH - I agree with everyone else -  I like the idea and the shapes but they just blend together.

Aniyah-xxxx -  7.38



FONTI - Very fine layering, mixing & matching. In a grey scale outfit you were inspired to show your finest textiles and laces and I am impressed with the result and your different approach. With lights back to normal, there are not surprises, you look exactly the same, apart the bag and that leads to points deduction unfortunately.

LUCY - By the time you've scrolled this far, I think you'll see one big, missing element - all the colour!

LEIGH - This loks stunning both ways, but that wasn't really the goal. And the one pop of colour you have is the item I think doesn't belong with this look, the bag! All the textures and layers are awesome, but there's no 'wow' for the grey you can't also see in colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment