Thursday 29 March 2018

Semi-Final Feedback

Sorry for the massive delays. Myrthe did not end up submitting any feedback.

Noismini is out, but that means she is our THIRD PLACE for cycle 3! The prizes are mostly sponsored so will be rewarded when they are made available by the relevant people. The finale task will be announced late Friday!

LOVEFOTINH - 7.91

https://imgur.com/a/Of3aq


Mireia  Very great outfits! Individually I pretty much like them all. However, I think outfit 1 is not representing that well the bran with the platforms and the sweater... Too sporty somehow. Other than that, the other two outfits are really good. Maybe bare legs on winter (3rd outfit) would not be a great idea, but fashion sometimes means dealing with the weather a bit so I'll pass that. Not sure about that bag on the third outfit by the way. But in general, I really like your entry and how you represented the designer. Second outfit is my fav both for Karen Walker and as an outfit by itself.

Lucy- I love these all individually, and that you've incorporated a variety of elements from the previous collections. Like Mireia I think the first look is a bit sportier and less "constructed" than the other two, which doesn't quite match the branding. And some tights on the third may have made it more weather-appropriate. You've definitely captured the odd prints and oversized shapes of Karen Walker!

Leigh- KW is one of my favourite brands so I'm really happy that you picked it and did so well with it! The glasses are awesome, because KW has had a couple of glasses collections recently, and the oversized jackets were essential. Like the other two, the first look is a bit too sporty and casual for KW's style and they're maybe not very wintery.

LOUISA.KAREMINA - 7.25

https://imgur.com/a/3QDNL


Mireia - Great interpretation of DKNY! Even if you have not said you were going for that show I would have known! However, I don't think your outfit are too powerful for a front row, except the third outfit (that I LOVE), the other two are more plain. Not sure about the sneakers with the skirt on the first outfit and on the second one the umbrella looks totally out of place. Nice use of double shoes, but I don't like either that a bag with the golden lock with the rest of the outfit. So, nice approach but could have been a bit more extravagant or complex in order to be captured on the front row. 

Lucy - That umbrella maybe suits the concept of the seasons, but doesn't work with the outfits, of the theme. The double shoes work on the first look, and the third, but looks very awkward for the middle look. Actually, the middle look in general is a bit unfortunate. I absolutely love the third look though, there's plenty of layers and textures and it's definitely fashion-week worthy. There's nothing particularly bad about the first look, it's just plain. As for DKNY, I think you've done well enough, and I'm glad you didn't immediately buy a bunch of DKNY from the bazaar.

Leigh - That second outfit is... not good. The third outfit is awesome! I think like Mireia I just want to see more than what you've given us. They're definitely season and show appropriate which is good, though I think I would have like to be able to tell if it was an Autumn show or a Spring show and this is sort of "any" season.

NOISMINI - 6.58




Mireia  - The three outfits are quite nice, but the only one that has some DKNY vibes is the first one (and just a little bit). Third outfit is made of Fendi and would be better for a Fendi front row, not wearing that to DKNY. Second outfit, another bag would have been SO much better. Lucy's gonna comment about gold/silver I guess haha First outfit is nice, but just very regular and basic. We've seen so much better from you and this is not semifinal material I believe...

Lucy - Like with Louisa.karemina I'm glad you didn't just stock up on DKNY items. But like Mireia I don't think these really match the branding or style of any DKNY show I'd ever seen, particularly with the third look which is just...no. and yeah, silver and gold, you need to style it right or don't do it. The second look is definitely a "don't do it" moment. I'm not even sure why you went with a cat purse of all things? The first look is the best in terms of matching the aesthetic of the brand, and I like the colour palette, but it's way too plain to save the rest of the looks.

Leigh - Mmmh yeah I think my words have been said already. This is just not what I would have ever thought anyone would get out of DKNY. Did you just look at the "fashion week" and "street style" bits and forgot about the rest? Maybe if you'd included inspiration for other shows you could have convinced me, but googling it I can't find where on earth you would have gotten the inspiration from to end up with... these. And they're not very summery either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment