Sunday 25 February 2018

Task 7 Feedback

LUCY - We did say it was a double elimination... unfortunately, two people just did not submit! We left the task open two days later than usual in the hopes that they would. I was actually moving house this weekend, or I would have messaged them to ask for their entries...but, at this point in the competition, I really should not have to do that. I'm rather dissapointed!


This means Mylife-notyours & Gingerzarah are out of the competition. Noismini comes first. 

Me4evr came second to last, and chose the theme "NeckLines."


louisa.karemina " All White All Right" - 6.81+0.5=7.31


Myrthe - The theme is very clear in your outfit. more sophisticated, especially with that blazer, skirt and gloves. I like your approach but somehow I don't think I do. It's just a little bit too classic and almost costumy for me. I guess you could have made the outfit more modern with some nice white suite. - 7

Mireia - I agree with Myrthe in here. Your outfit looks somehow too costumy. It's a nice combination and certainly everything is white, but for that "easy" theme I would have liked to see something more outstanding. - 7

Lucy - It looks like a period outfit with some black accessories thrown in. I love the concept, especially the top half - but to make it more modern it would have been nice to see pants or something edgier to match the black accessories. - 7

Leigh - I want to like it but like Mirdith (Mireia ) I just can't quite do it. I think Lucy nailed it - the skirt is where it goes from "chic woman" to "vintage part costume" and the black accessories confuse it more.  - 7
 


Lovefotinh "Printed Socks + Sandals" - 7.08

Mireia-  I appreciate a lot how different this outfit looks from everything that I'm seeing lately. However, I'm not a fan of all the different shades of brown/gold you used to achieve your look in the jacket, bag and sandals. What is more important, I'm not sure about this combo of sandals and shoes you picked. But it's a nice entry and it's always nice to see different creations. 

Lucy - I love how unique this is - so often people forcus on following trends first and foremost, but I love seeing looks like this that just work. I love the purple and red, but I'm not so into the various different browns and golds. 

Leigh - Silvers, golds and random browns have me all twitchy. I like that this is really an unexpected look and I like the purples and reds and layers but it's just not the best.


Me4evr - 5.66

Mireia - I like the theme you chose and I like your outfit except... for the sneakers. That means that you have not been very successful in achieving the correct look... Maybe some black sneakers woud have looked better since what is disturbing me is that they are pinkish and your gown is more nude-pink, and those two colours don't look too good together for my taste. 

Leigh - Oh, well, hmm.  I think I'm with Mireia here, the colours are nice, the jacket works, don't love the bag, but once I see the sneakers that's what makes this look a big no from me. And of course the sneakers and the most important bit!

Lucy - I'm with the other judges, I'm afraid. The shoes make an all-right outfit look worse. I wish you'd added jelwery perhaps, or some kind of headpiece - but even that probably wouldn't save this. I think there's just too much of a "red carpet" look about that dress, and the accessories only make it more formal, that by the time you see the sneakers it just doesn't work.



Noismini "Oversized Bags" - 8.25-0.5= 7.75

Lucy - Your first entry was good, but broke the rules. This one I like just as much, luckily for you! I like that you've taken my favourite thing - the Rule Of Thirds - into account, using three pops of red from to to bottom. I love the different black textured too. Oh, and by the way, other contestants? THIS is how you make a pose work for the outfit, and not the other way around! I think I would have liked to have seen a belt, maybe.


LUCY'S SIDE NOTE -  I finally got my phone to stop auto changing "Mireia" into "Miracles," up until now I've put her username (Mirdith) for this reason. Sorry if that confuses anyone.

2 comments:

  1. thank you once again for letting me through and for the feedback. Noisminisubmitted a great outfit indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miracle sounds pretty good to me tbh ;) haha
    (that's actually so funny lol)

    ReplyDelete