Sunday 4 February 2018

Comeback Task Results

Since there were a lot of looks to get through, only Lucy and Leigh commented for everyone, though all 4 voted. There is, however, an added bonus this week - judges' outfits! Since this was such a hard task, we thought it fitting to show you what we would have done.

Of course, one person from the current group will be eliminated - and one previously eliminated person will take their place. 

Judge's Outfits:

Since this was such a hard task, we thought we'd show you how we would do it. Click the images to see them in full size.

Lucy - One of Each
Mirdith - 90s Grunge

Leigh - 90s Grunge, Femme Goth

Current Participant Results:

Me4evr 8.125+0.5=  8.625
Lovefotinh  - 8.25
Louisa.karemina - 8.062
Gingerzarah - 6.81
Noismini - 7.75


eve11149- 6.18

Eliminated Participant Results:


Mylife-notyours - 7.33
Reckless_thinG - 6.25
Cold_hearted - 4.93

Returning user: Reckless_thinG
Eliminated user: Mylife-notyours

RESULTS:


Louisa.karemina - 8.062

Lucy - Definitely 90s, definitely grunge. But also, the kind of look that would fit right into to a Tumblr blog. Because aesthetically, you've nailed it. The jacket is just a nice taste of softness in an otherwise decidedly grunge look. In terms of the outfit itself, I don't like the way the items are held - the glasses would have been better off on your head, and the hat looks like it's floating on the bag. 

Mylife-notyours - 7.33

Lucy - I suspect you didn't notice the "casual" part of the description - but this is definitely steampunk and definitely pastel. I like the top, corset, neck piece and hat. Something is very wrong with that skirt and unfortunately you went VERY ott with the accessories.


lovefotinh - 8.25

Lucy - My instant issue is this - I'm having trouble figuring out what theme you went for. The sheer pieces and crosses suggest goth, but the round glasses, boots and chains suggest a not-so-90s grunge, or even punk chick. The only thing that's not going on here is Steampunk As a look, though, I do love it - the grey-purple sheer piece is layered well with all the intricate necklaces and belts.

 

Me4evr - 8.125

Lucy - This is clearly Femminine Goth, which is great. I love that you went for the soft pastel, ombre skirt which really fits the theme. The textured top is maybe a little much, and the open boots you can see the tights through is unfortunate.

Leigh - So, I know Lucy's tips said crowns were part of this theme, but it just doe not belong on this look at all. Like Lucy I like the skirt but not the top so much.

eve11149- 6.18

Lucy - You definitely struggled with the concept of this task, but you did get there in the end! Props for persistence. The soft blue top goes great with the grey pieces, and while I'm not personally fond of those shoes they do match the theme fine - but the gold/brown accessory items are throwing me off a bit.

Leigh - Yeah, definitely not a fan of the gold bits, I think the shapes of them work for the theme, like the shoes do, but not really the colours. But it's definitely grunge, and pastel!


Reckless_ThinG - 6.25

Lucy - Silver...with gold ... noooo. The fact you even had a close up of it in your album only makes it that much worse. I like that you risked the shorts-with-tights, because it worked out really well, and the accessories look decent too...just, not that bag!!!! And... you used someone else's doll, which is against the rules.

Leigh - Okay so I think Lucy covered it all. I'm not sure about the belt OR the bag myself, the belt just look proportionately wrong to be around the waist of bootyshorts and well, the gold bits on the bag were already mentioned.

GingerZarah - 6.81

Leigh - Pastel? Maybe up for debate with this. It's definitely a 90s Grunge look, no questions there but it just looks a little bit easy to me. I don't hate the pose but since it covers what's supposed to be the pastel element I have issues, maybe you should have added pastel platforms and glasses, that would have been ideal.

Lucy - Well, I'd almost call these "off white", and you covered them over almost too much to tell - but luckily for you, the socks clearly include pale pink and blue, so I'll let you off. I'm finding this a little difficult to judge because, like Leigh, I see it's definitely 90s Grunge but at the same time it's just very generic, I'm not seeing anything here I couldn't easily see scrolling through Spotlight pics.


Noismini - 7.75

Lucy - One can't use a corset without getting at least SOME approval from me!  Unfortunately, I'm not entirely convinced which theme you were going for here. Aesthetically, I like the jacket, and don't mind the bag, but they're confusing me as to what this look is supposed to be. You have, at least, nailed the pastel aspect.

Leigh - Oh, hmm, I guess this is Goth? Or the corset, dress and leggings are but the shoes and choker are grunge... and idk what that bag is doing. It's a nice outfit, I'm not super into the corset but it works with the jacket shape and the legging print. But what is it?

Cold_hearted - 4.93


Leigh - Is that skirt pink or off white? And the hair is grey... idk there's not exactly pastels here. The skirt kind of passes. The layers are nice, the bag and boots not so much.

Lucy - Leigh covered the theme issue. I do LIKE this look, the top layering is impressive and the skirt looks cool, it's rather unfortunate that this was submitted after I'd already mentioned the issue of cream not being a pastel.

No comments:

Post a Comment