Tuesday 9 January 2018

Task 4 Results

Late, but here! 

Some submissions were late, but I (Lucy) accidentally wrote the wrong date on one post, and since the judges were away as well, the missing days from this week will be added into your next task, making it 1-and-a-half weeks.

The winner is .... LOVEFOTINH! And unfortunately, we must say goodbye to Cold_hearted, who did not submit. But don't worry - week 6 is the comeback task!

Lovefotinh 8.46 +0.25 = 8.71
Noismini  7.5+0.25 = 7.75
GingerZarah = 8
Me4evr = 7.23
Louisa.Karemina = 6.91
Eve11149 = 6.25
 charmedavenger = 5.16


 Cold_hearted = 0

CharmedAvenger

Lucy - This is not so good. The dress and jacket are an odd combination, and the gold pieces look like they belong to a whole different outfit. And I think we've already commented on the too-many-colours tattoos? I'm sorry to say, I don't have much good to say here, only that this proves how challenging this task can be.

Myrthe -Your outfit is all over the place and there is just too much going on here.The glitter isn’t working well together, Same counts for the golden necklace and the silver glitter here. Sometimes this can work but here it doesn’t. The clutch was a good choice to fit with the dress I like that part.

Leigh - Not a good effort. I think you should have used the plaza since you have a small wardrobe, instead of making ...this. Nothing goes as an outfit, maybe separately (dress+clutch vs choker + headband) but I don't know what the style is this is supposed to be which is not helping.

Mirdith - I have to agree with my colleagues, there's so much going on. Also I can see two different shades of gold, and that distracts me a lot. Using already a silver dress and that gold jacket, you should have sticked to black maybe, or silver (the silver shade you used was easier to find that the gold of the jacket). 

Lovefotinh

Lucy - "Maximal" has got to be my new fave word. I absolutely adore the layers of the top half! The fact you included a silver-and-gold necklace mix as well as a silver-detailed bag makes this look even better. I don't know how to feel about the shoes here - are they boots, or pumps with a sock? Not sure, but something plainer may have worked a little better, since it's already a loud look.

Myrthe - I love this outfit! You really managed to get the silver and gold work together, really nice work here. The layers make the outfit really new fresh and creative. I love the print on the top part of your outfit and the belt you added. I actually do like the shoes here! The bag is also a really good choice since it has both gold and silver in it.

Leigh - Love this! I think it's all been said by the others. I agree with Lucy about the shoes, which I know are tributes but just looks odd since it looks like you layered shoes where the skirt hits, rather than just pumps or shoes with socks.

Mirdith - Nice work mixing silver and gold! Looks made totally on purpose and looks very festive and amazing. I like the choice of shoes with the rest of the outfit, the only thing that bothers me a bit are the black sleeves peaking out of the versace jacket, even though I like the addition of the black jacket to achieve a better shaping. Also, love that one earring! Great job! 


GingerZarah

Lucy - I suspect you took a very good look at the inspo - which is what it's there for! The men's sweater is an interesting choice, and the jacket helps the bulked shoulder look more intentional. It's a very balanced look, which is always difficult with oversized items. The little silver shirt poking out is a bit weird, but it does add some necessary silver. 

Myrthe - This is a simple outfit but you managed to make the gold and silver work together so great job on doing that because that’s not really easy! I really love your choice of pants and the jacket. The shoes make the look a little more classic and that kind of doesn’t work with the edgier top part of your outfit. Some black boots would have looked great!

Leigh - Like Myrthe I don't love the shoes, and like Lucy I don't know about the silver top..thing. But the proportions are awesome both with the outfit shape, and the gold/silver.

Mirdith - Cute! That's how I would describe that. I think another pants would have looked better, which means that you did not achieve to mix silver and gold effectively (since that is where the main gold/silver item is). Other than that, is a nice minimal outfit, and the use of silver and gold does not make me wanna scream "what has she done?!" That jacket is a great choice for this task, as it combines silver and gold, and I think it give great cohesion to the whole outfit. Good job! 


Louisa.karemina

Myrthe - I really like the pants but I feel like the silver jacket adds too much silver to this look in combination with the pants. The balance between gold and silver isn’t right in your outfit. The bottom part works fine together, its just the orange of the bag that’s bothering me. The top part looks a bit weird because of the yellow top. 

Lucy - Ditch that bag, asap. The jacket, belt and even the shoes seem to work, but the pants are just too much, especially when the shirt is such a pale tone of gold. I suspect black pants and a different bag could have done wonders for this look.

Leigh - A good try, but too much silver is happening here. And the bag doesn't tone in with all of it's orange and brown going on. I'm with Lucy - different pants and bag might have been all this really needed to not be so clashing.

Mirdith - I agree with Myrthe here. The jacket is too much, top looks weird and bad has different tones... Maybe other shoes instead of boots, more delicate, would have also improved your outfit. And definitely another bad and a different combination on the upper part.



Eve11149

Myrthe - The jacket is a great choice and looks really fashionable and modern, I feel like you could have done more with this. It's also more yellow than gold so that's a little bit saddening me :( You did work with a little bit of gold in your bag but not really much, it feels like the silver is the main part of your outfit and that wasn't really the task. The pants don't look great under that jacket, something different and more close to the leg would have been better here. The shoes also look a little bit off and would have worked better with a summery outfit. this is a simple outfit to put together, try to do something extra next time and not just work with a jacket, pants, shoes and a bag.

Lucy - Mythe nailed it - nothing quite went right here, proportionally. I like that you did something out of the box, and I don't mind the bag with this jacket, but the pants are the wrong shape and I don't know why you went with glasses and pumps when this is such a winter cuddles type of look.

Leigh - Nothing left to say to be honest. Black skinnies, black-gold booties and a gold necklace could have made this coat so well. This look doesn't though.

Mirdith - What Leigh said. Agree 100%. 



Noismini - 7.5

Leigh - I'm not super into the top, it looks really casual or street when the rest of this is very glam. I like the gold ring necklace matching the bracelet and shoe straps.

Lucy - Leigh covered the top and accessories - personally, I'm not fond of jsut how grey-toned the two main pieces look, as I was hoping more for more of a standout main piece, like the others went for, though ultimately it's still within the guidelines so it's fine, just not what I was looking for personally.

Mirdith - Oh my! A goddess!! Love this mix of silver and gold. I think that is the key to achieve a good mix, use a tone down gold that can look good with silver, not a very yellowish gold, you did it and it looks perfect. I don't have any issues. The outfit could have been more origina somehow, but it sill looks good and fulfills the task requirements, so very good! 



Me4evr - 7.23

Mirdith - The only thing I'm not sure about is the combination of shapes in your outfit. Everything looks a bit squared, even though at the same time is kind of coordinated. What I do love is that silverish white you chose to combine with gold, cause it makes the mix of silver & gold very pleasant. I would have put the bag on the other hand though, and maybe add some silver or gold jewellery for a more complete outfit. Some earrings here with the up do would have made wonders! 

Lucy - Like Mirdith said, the shapes are a bit... weird. The bolero I think is what's causing the biggest issue. The toning of the items is nice, and I like that you used a dress as a skirt.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment