Saturday 9 December 2017

Task 1 : Feedback

It's the first feedback post of the season - and, unfortunately, it's also time to say goodbye to the two contestants who failed to submit. Orpul-is-me9 & Mylife-notyours both did not submit in time and have reached the end of their time in the cycle. We're sad to see them both go so soon, but there WILL be a comeback task later on!

Those who submitted a bit later do not have feedback from all the judges. The reason we are being strict on time this cycle is both Leigh and Lucy have full-time jobs with early-morning shifts, and aren't able to get online on Mondays - plus, it's unfair to those who did submit as required.

The theme next week will be Stripes On Stripes as chosen by Greeicyrendon1, who came second to last this task. The instructions and inspiration will be posted in a few hours.

Cold_hearted - 8.125
GingerZarah - 8.12
Me4evr - 7.25
Louisa.Karemina - 7.18
CharmedAvenger - 7.13
Reckless_thinG - 7.125
LoveFotinh - 6.812
Noismini - 6.43
Eve11149 - 6.125
Greeicyrendon1 - 5.81
Orpul-is-me9 - 0
Mylife-notyours - 0

greeicyrendon1 - 5.81

Myrthe - I like the colours you used, I love the combination of pink, white and black. I would have changed the way you paired the ugg boots, some stockings would have looked better than just bare legs or even some pants. I'm also missing a bag, that would have made your outfit better! A bigger necklace and another colour would have worked better since there's a really low neckline and it looks like there's something missing. But it's a pretty colour combination!

Leigh - Hmm. I don't know if I like this all that much, for starters there's too many shades of pink all in one, and the skirt poking out annoys me way more than it maybe should. I like she has details with the choker and headpiece.

Mirdith - I love how the Uggs look with this silky jacket you went for! I would have never paired that myself for that pattern mixture, but I do like how it looks. However, even though the colours don't look bad together, there's nothing else on your entry that makes your outfit to stand out. It's a nice outfit, but a little bit boring. I agree with Myrthe that maybe a bag would add something new to the outfit. And, accessories. They kinda look a bit random to mee. Why the golden choker? And the bow in your hair? Would be better without it imo, as it's not even the same shade of pink. It's not bad for a first task, but I'm expecting better for the next ones ;)





Reckless_ThinG - 7.125

Lucy - I am surprised by how good this looks, considering it's so simple! The tartan scarf is a smart choice, blending the red-pink pants tones with the brown boots and scarf, and I like the little bangle detail. I do like the idea of the jacket, but the cropped length looks a tad awkward with the t-shirt being tucked in.

Myrthe - Good work pairing all of these beautiful colours! I love how you worked with the brown of the boots in the scarf and bag. It's a really casual and simple outfit but it works. The bag should have been a little bit more brown and less grey, but that's a detail. Try to do something extra and special next time, I know you can do that and it will make your outfits even better!

Leigh - This is really a nice start! I agree with Myrthe that the bag could have been closer in brown to the shoes, or maybe the shoes could have been grey-er? Either or. I'm glad the scarf is there to add some print to this look, it could have been too plain otherwise. And it's always brave to use coloured jeans, but it paid off!

Mirdith - I love the colours in here. I agree with the other judges in the greyish tone of the bag, but other than that you have a very appealing colour combination going on in your outfit. I think that in here the denim jacket is what makes the outfit too basic. I mean, if you had added something more glam maybe, the outfit would have something special that would make it more interesting. If you accept a little advice: be brave for the next task and risk it a little more








LoveFotinh - 6.812

Lucy - And my pet peeve appears - gold and silver, worn together, by accident. I do love that she's played around with some major textures, from sheer sleeves to fluffy jumpers and the ripped denim, and the colours are a good start. The thing is, while this is a look, I'm not too sure it's a good one. And what is up with those cat ears???

Myrthe - I agree with Lucy, combining silver and gold is a no-go. Pay attention to this, it's something important that I also pay attention to! I like the grey pants and boots in combination with the fluffy brown and blue. You placed the top a little bit wrong, it should be a little bit higher because the bra is showing. Another would have worked better and another head piece. The cat ears look a little childish or for halloween.

Leigh - Pretty sure it's all been said. I don't mind the cat ears, they're just kind of, not "in". The textures are nice and the colours are smart, besides the silver-gold thing, which all she'd need to really do would be swap out the choker. I like that there's quite a lot of layers and detail, even if they're not the right ones.

Mirdith - At first sight I liked this outfit more, because then I started paying more attention and I started to see some things I'm not that sure about. First the choker. Looks unnecessary to me. Sometimes is good to add more accessories to create a more outstanding look or to add something to an otherwise plain outfit. In here.... You already created a cool outfit, with the mix of textures (I really love the fur with the sheer top) and styles (casual meets diva). I like what I'm seeing though, because it's obvious that you pay attention to little details, like adding the socks in here. Keep doing that!




Eve11149 - 6.125

Lucy - Clearly, she invested in Subcouture. That's not a bad thing, but it's really the only thing that's going on here. There's no bag, no scarf, not hat, not styling - no effort, really. The colours are bold and brave, at least.

Myrthe - I like the top part the best, the combination of those colours look great and the items are of high quality. The bottom part should have been more interesting since the top part is simple but works. A simple pair of jeans don't do it for me. Try to do something special, with some layers or something next time. Make the outfit your own, because this is very basic! A bag is also a must ;)

Leigh - Well this is.... not much. I thought at first that Myrthe and Lucy were being harsh but there's not really anything styled here. A little layering and a bag can do a lot more than spending on rares does.

Mirdith -  They say less is more, but in your outfit less is simply not enough. Where's a bag? Why no accessories at all? I think my colleagues have already said it all. I like the minimalism vibe going on in here, so if you want to keep it minimal just do so, but make sure then that your outfit has something that highlights it. Maybe here if you had gone for a white jacket, the boots will be the center of attention and would be special cause is the must for this task. Just make sure, that your outfit does not look like if you just put together all your recent buys in one outfit. 



Louisa.Karemina - 7.18

Lucy - I'd say the description was worth the read- otherwise, I'd have been a bit confused. I do think the bag is positioned a little weirdly, and may have looked better on the other hand. I'm glad a risk was taken though, with such a realistic way to wear them, and I definitely like the top half a lot - it's a rare day I like a baseball cap worn on SD!

Leigh - Interesting! I don't know if I'd like it much without the context. Baggy pants and oversized jackets just are never flattering, not even in pixels, but the description makes it make sense as a practical choice not a stylish one.The hat and shirt pull this together well but that bag is... something. A risk I don't know paid off much.

Mirdith - I have mixed feelings in here. I love the sporty vibes, A LOT. But, brown and grey? I don't like that combination at all. Weren't there some black Uggs? And the huge sports bag? Like I get it with the description, but still, I think you could have found something more fashionable. This is a fashion competition after all, so your outfit looking fashionable should be your number 1 priority.

Myrthe-  Hmm this is a special outfit and I don't know if I like it? But I kind of do. I'm not a big fan of the combination of the brown boots and the grey sweatpants. I don't like the combination of these colours in this way. The top part is actually my favourite part of this outfit, love the red white and grey! It looks modern and casual. Maybe another colour of boots and another kind of pants would have been better here 

Cold_hearted - 8.125

Lucy - Love to hear you took advantage of the inspo! I love the t shirt layers, and the way the bag matches up with the boots. I think something with a little texture would have been nice - like the cut-out panel leggings in Active - but overall, a wonderful start!

Leigh - My favourite !(so far). The mustard jacket with the brown pieces is very nice, and like Lucy I love you took some time to look at the inspiration, and layered up the shirts. I think I might have liked a different white one on the bottom as the hem looks kind of like it doesn't fit well, but it's not a major thing. 

Mirdith - Yay! Such a nice entry! Even the make up looks perfect with what you created. I love the colours going on, it's very autumnal and the outfit looks very comfy and nice, just very appropriate for Ugg boots. I like where your inspiration came from, but advice for next task: add a little more! You could have added a big pair on sunglasses in that outfit and I think that would have made wonders! 

Myrthe -  Oh I like this one! I'm a big fan of the black and yellow. The colours remind me of autumn and I actually really like that, because it fits with the ugg boots theme. Your hair and the bag also fit the yellow and black since it's the right kind of brown. A more warm brown I guess, that totally works! It's a basic outfit but I like it. Maybe try to do something extra next time to make your outfits even better 

Noismini -  6.43

Lucy - gold...witthsilver...nooooo. Besides, the keychain doesn't really go with ANYTHING on this look, so I really don't know why it's there. Anyway, I'm always down for a tartan scarf and khaki coat, though I'm not 100% sure if that colour combo works together. I do like the little sock detail, and  there's plenty of texture here to keep me happy.

Leigh -  Eh, I think I was hoping for... something more I guess, from a previous contestant and judge. I don't think the colours in this work, the jacket green clashes too much with the scarf grey and pink. I don't get the keychain either. The socks are nice layering like Lucy pointed out, and I like the all-round fluff.

Mirdith -  Oh well, this is just very teenage going to school. Like normal teen going to school. I mean.... where's the fashion part in this? Your coat is so big there's barely anything else to add to the outfit. The colours of the scarf don't match with anything else in the outfit and the keychain would be a nice addition but looks SO random. I agree with Leigh in that the socks were a cool addition, but you have to work more for next time, create something different not something that anyone could wear.

Myrthe - Hmm like Mireia said, this is a really basic outfit that a teenager would wear to school (nothing wrong with that) but we want to see something new and special! Something that excited us. The colours do work together and so do the items. But it's nothing special really? 

Me4ever - 7.25

Mirdith -  This is an interesting entry. I like the colors a lot, and love how the hair matches the outfit. What I'm not that sure about is the shape of the jeans with the boots. It doesn't look bad, and each time I'm liking it more, but still, something not appealing to my eye. Also the bag, even if it was light pink on your computer screen (on mine has always been creamy white), I don't think it was a good choice either. I would have liked a bag that melted more with the rest of the outfit. Other than that, nice entry! 

Lucy - An intruiging start! I love that we're seeing your style so readily - the vest is a very unique style choice, but I like it! The pants are matched very well with the bag, but at the same time, I don't know if that works with the top half. I think I expected a skirt, though it's not bad that it isn't. 

Charmedavenger - 3.73

Mirdith -  Get Uggy with it and you don't use Ugg boots? Besides that there's too much going on in here! Purple hair, red turtleneck, pink coat... and no bag? I like the shape of your outfit in general, but those colors all together are hurting my eyes Lucy talked about how hairs can cover the outfit. In here that's a very little part of the outfit that are covering, and I'm not taking into consideration the hair when judging, but it just brings down the rest of the outfit. You should pay attention to those details, cause even if they are not taken into account, they help the outfit to be more visible and appealing sometimes. 

Lucy - Yikes, someone didn't quite read the instructions. I guess these could be classed as"ugg-like" and "boots", but they're not in starcoins, and they don't come from the links or instructions provided. I think Mirdith covered pretty much everything I can think of, so I won't bother re-iterating it.




GingerZarah - 8.12


Lucy - First of all - please crop your photos! There's an inbuilt part of imgur that you can do it with, it only takes a second. As for the outfit, I love that colours - oh, and THIS is how you pair silver with gold, everyone! The bag has both, which makes the rest look more styled, and less mistaken. I don't know if I like that hat, but perhaps that's more down to stardoll's lack of hats that, well, fit. 





No comments:

Post a Comment